Thursday 30 August 2012

It's been ages!

Wow, it was the 9th June the last time I wrote anything on here. The time seems to have flown by so fast. I've been busy, of course, writing the second book in the Stealth series, as you know. It's been a hard slog, but I have finally finished it.

And guess what?

I am no longer a new writer. That's right, and I shall repeat that. I am no longer a new writer with a debut novel.

My second book is about to be released, and I couldn't be more relieved.

However, that now puts me in a separate category altogether with different worries and pressures. I think that this time around, my worry about whether people are going to like the book is greater. The pressure to have improved and grown as a writer is greater. Expectations that this book will be better than the last one is greater. Only readers can decide if this book is better than the first one, and so:

The heat is ON!

My new novel is called Exorcism of the Species and will be available on Amazon and paperback very very soon, and I mean in the next couple of days soon. I hope you like it. Here is the cover:
and the description:
Humanity is in danger of extinction from an otherworldly race of savage creatures hell bent on revenge for their banishment from the physical realm eons ago.
They aim to take back what was once theirs, the physical realm, by culling the human race. They are coming through an open portal into this realm in their thousands and spreading across the whole country, waiting for the signal to begin their invasion.
It's a race against time as Elena has no choice but to join forces with her enemy and enter the forsaken realm to search for the lost items needed to re-enact the banishment of so long ago.
Join them on their journey through the forsaken realm. Travel with them as they battle creatures, tackle obstacles, and seek to avoid letting the savageness of the realm change their very souls. 
Each group seeks the means to exorcise the other species from existence.
Only one race can survive.
-----------------------------
I'm off to start the final book in this trilogy. It has a title and a plot, all that needs doing now is for me to actually start writing it. Haha! And so the trials, the hand wringing, the sweating over what word to use, the writing into the night, is all about to start all over again.     
Oh, the joys of being a writer!     
Don't you just love it?      ps. You can view a sample chapter on my web page right now if you go here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment