Saturday 18 February 2012

Talk about ditzy!

So, I start a blog to promote my work and end up forgetting to do so. I have been so busy in the last couple of days, since publishing my book on Amazon, that I am becoming so ditzy and confused about all the new things I have to learn.
It's hard to acknowledge and accept that I know nothing of the ways of the internet.  Finding out how to network and market and promote your work, when all you want to do is get on with the next project, is hard work indeed. Where am I going to find the time?
There are so many questions to ask and answers to find, that the writing of the book itself was the easy part. That in itself is quite hilarious to me, because if you had been around three months ago, or even two months ago, then you would know how hard writing my book was for me, and I do hate to trivialise that. But when all is said and done, the hard work has only just begun. I only hope that it becomes fun, and I am sure it will once I find my feet in this big scary world of the new author.

So, to end this blog, I will do what I set out to do, and bring your attention to my debut novel, Stealth. Available for purchase now.

Gareth is a non-believer in the supernatural, and his peaceful life is suddenly thrown into chaos when a non-human entity comes along with the intention of using Gareth as a means to escape its own realm.

Elena is a psychic who has seen this creature and tries to help Gareth, but he sees her as the enemy, and blames her for his problem. She is determined to help him, even against his wishes, and sets about trying to understand what she faces, since the portal it came through was accidentally opened by her.

The entity knows a way out of his own realm, and pursues his goal relentlessly. After a mighty battle, he seizes his opportunity to enter an open portal into the physical realm, choosing Gareth as the perfect human to help him accomplish his goal.


Stealth - get it here

2 comments:

  1. I've just finished reading Stealth and I have to say that I loved it. I didn't think I would, but I was wrong. I usually read Robert Rankin, who is a fantasty/humour writer simlar to the late Douglus Adams. Your book has the fantasy, but without the daft humour. In fact, at times I was quite concerned that there may be more truth in the story than I first realised.

    I have to say that for a first book, it is very very good. I did wonder where it was going at the end and thought, "The story doesn't need this fuffy stuff". Then "Bam", it got me right between the eyes. I didn't see that coming at all! For obvious reasons I won't publically explain what I mean by that statement.

    All I will say is that this book is a must read. Buy it, you won't regret it!

    When can we expect more great stories Gail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the book. Spread the word.

      I'm working on the next book in the Stealth story, and will post updates and sample chapters on my website when they become available.

      Delete